17 3 / 2014
Because so many people have asked me on Twitter: here’s the list of microphones we use on Rebuild with affiliate links, if you want to help the show :)
- miyagawa - Audio Technica ATR2100-USB Amazon.com (Unavailable in JP)
- naoya (ep29-) - Blue Yeti Amazon.com Amazon.co.jp
- naan - Rode Podcaster Amazon.com Amazon.co.jp
- kenn (ep35-) - Samson Q2U Amazon.com Amazon.co.jp
I recommend ATR2100 and Samson Q2U as an inexpensive option (~$50) for starters. They’re both USB dynamic microphones with XLR output, helpful if you go for mixers/USB audio interface later.
Other guests usually use Macbook Pro’s built-in microphone (sounds decent if the room is quiet) or Apple earpods (doesn’t sound as good, but helps to cut the ambient noise).
Permalink 3 notes
09 3 / 2014
This shouldn’t surprise anybody, but most of the podcast subscribers use iOS applications.
If you want to geek out in stats a little bit more: on the mobile side there was a 4.76:1 ratio for downloads to iOS devices directly vs downloads to Android devices.
I did some quick analysis on my show, and here’s the number:
- 55% of the subscribers use Apple Podcasts.app
- 20% uses iTunes (Mac and Windows combined)
- 9% uses Downcast.
- 8% uses Android, combining all clients.
Among Android, most popular clients are: Pocket Casts, Rebuild.fm (by rejasupotaro) and Podkicker, which makes sense because I recommended them in the guide.
so this is more like 9:1 ratio for iOS and Android. I guess the reasons are:
- iOS is getting even more popular in Japan (some articles back this up)
- Android Podcast clients suck
- Few listeners might have multiple devices, both iOS and Android, and they prefer iOS to listen to podcasts.
Permalink 5 notes